Concawe is a division of the European Fuel Manufacturers Association.
Concawe was established in 1963 to carry out research on environmental issues relevant to the fuel manufacturers industry. Its membership includes most fuel manufaturers companies operating in Europe.
The scope of Concawe’s activities has gradually expanded in line with the development of societal concerns over environmental, health and safety issues. These now cover areas such as fuels quality and emissions, air quality, water quality, soil contamination, waste, occupational health and safety, petroleum product stewardship and cross-country pipeline performance.
Our mission is to conduct research programmes to provide impartial scientific information in order to:
- Improve scientific understanding of the environmental health, safety and economic performance aspects of both petroleum refining and the distribution and sustainable use of refined products;
- Assist the development of cost-effective policies and legislation by EU institutions and Member States;
- Allow informed decision making and cost-effective legislative compliance by Association members.
Concawe endeavours to conduct its activities with objectivity and scientific integrity. In the complex world of environmental and health science, Concawe seeks to uphold three key principles: sound science, transparency and cost-effectiveness.
Concawe recognises that the potential solutions to the complex environmental, health and safety challenges of the 21st century require the combined efforts of many parties. Concawe is thus engaged in a wide range of partnerships and maintains contacts with other industry sector associations, as well as international organisations. It has observer status at UNECE (United Nations Economic Council for Europe), OSPAR Commission (for the protection of the marine environment of the north-east Atlantic) and the WHO (World Health Organization), and contributes to all EU Commission initiatives relevant to its field of activity.
For more information please visit: www.concawe.eu
IFP Energies nouvelles (IFPEN) is a major research and training player in the fields of energy, transport and the environment.
From scientific concepts within the framework of fundamental research, through to technological solutions in the context of applied research, innovation is central to its activities, hinged around four strategic directions: climate, environment and circular economy – renewable energies – sustainable mobility – responsible oil and gas.
As part of the public-interest mission with which it has been tasked by the public authorities, IFPEN focuses its efforts on bringing solutions to the challenges facing society and industry in terms of energy and the climate, to support the ecological transition. An integral part of IFPEN, IFP School, its graduate engineering school, prepares future generations to take up these challenges.
Applied research programs are structured around four strategic priorities:
- Climate, Environment and Circular Economy: reducing the impact of human and industrial activities on the climate and the environment;
- Renewable Energies: producing energy, fuels and chemical intermediates from renewable sources;
- Sustainable Mobility: developing efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions for the transport sector;
- Responsible Oil and Gas: meeting the demand for energy and chemical products in a more environmentally-friendly manner.
IFPEN thereby contributes to the creation of value by supporting French and European economic activity and the competitiveness of industrial sectors related to mobility, energy, and eco-industry.
For more information please visit: https://www.ifpenergiesnouvelles.com